I turned to a tried-and-true favorite treat of mine: Chewy White Chocolate Coconut Macaroons. Quick, easy, inexpensive, delicious, and portable- these cuties are sure to please! Enjoy!
(p.s. They raised $700 at the bake sale!!! And even at a buck-a-piece these lil' Mac's went flying off the table!! but it is Boulder, after all.)
1 can condensed milk
1 package (5.5 cups) sweetened shredded coconut
1 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1c white chocolate chips
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2c maraschino cherries, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl, mix coconut, flour, and salt.
3. While mixing evenly (with a mixer or wooden spoon) slowly add condensed milk and vanilla. (if opting for cherries, add during this step)
4. Mix well, using your hands, until completely blended.
5. Use an ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon to form mix into balls and place on parchment paper.
6. Bake for approx. 15 mins, until crispy-golden on all sides
7. For the topping: mix white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwaveable dish. Heat for 30 sec., stir well, repeat until smooth and completely melted. Using a fork, drizzle across each macaroon.*
* Allow to completely dry/harden before removing from parchment paper.
mmm, mmm, mmmmmmmm!!