This was my very first attempt at making a gluten-free treat...but, at this rate, it won't be my last! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or bringin' to a friend's house! So get on this and enjoy, leavin' no crumb left behind!
*gluten free* Apricot & Almond Tart
1c sliced almonds, finely ground (plus more for topping)
1/2c corn flour
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2c butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp heavy cream
pinch of salt
powdered sugar for topping
1 can (15oz) apricot halves in light syrup/ fruit juice
1. In a large bowl, whisk together almond 'flour', corn flour, eggs, butter, vanilla, honey, sugar, and salt.
2. Mix until smooth, pour into a buttered/oiled round pie pan.
3. Arrange apricots on top, pushing down so just their tops are exposed
4. Mix heavy cream with a 1/2tsp each butter, honey, vanilla, almond 'flour'. Microwave for 10-20 seconds until melted, and pour over entire tart. Top with sliced almonds.
5. Bake at 350' for 50-60minutes until edges are nice and brown and a knife in the middle comes out clean.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with a fresh cup of coffee and a little whipped cream if your 'tart' desires!
my favorite trick for finely grinding nuts, spices, etc is to use a coffee-grinder! Quick, simple, easy clean up.
happy tart = happy heart!