So put the beer in the fridge, preheat that oven, pick out a movie you've been meaning to watch for a while, and bring the mouth-watering, belly-filling goodness of gourmet pizza to the comfort of your own couch!
Chipotle~BBQ Veggie Pizza
$8 for 14'' round / 8 slices
Pizza dough (pre-made is on the refrigerated deli aisle at W.F. for $2.99)
1c red bell pepper, diced
1c green bell pepper, diced
1c red onion, diced
1c cremini/white mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4c cilantro, chopped
2 stalks green onion, sliced
1c mozzarella, shredded
1c asiago (or pepper jack) shredded
1c BBQ sauce
2 tbsp butter, melted
1tbsp 'chipotle' seasoning (chili, cumin, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper)
1. Preheat oven to 375'. Let dough come to room temperature, turn out onto floured working surface/pizza stone. Using your hands or a rolling pin, form dough into approx. 14'' round (or oval if you're baking on a cookie sheet), forming crust to desired thickness.
** if using a cookie sheet, 'grease' with olive oil prior to placing dough on it.
2. Add chipotle seasoning to melted butter, spread over dough using a 'brush' or underside of a spoon- taking care to cover edges completely.
3. Generously spread BBQ sauce in a similar fashion, leaving about 1'' of crust bare.
4. Top evenly with bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms, garlic. Add mozzarella and asiago/pepperjack cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown, cheese is melty, and bottom is crispy.
6. Top with cilantro and green onion. Enjoy with a medium ale or Mexican cerveza!
you'll never settle, or pay, for delivery again!