Golden Buttery Biscuits, oh my!
These perfectly golden, flaky, buttery biscuits are the perfect side for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not only are they quick and easy, this no-frills recipe protects baking fools (like myself) from failure. Put down the Pillsbury can- I'm guessing you already have the simple ingredients to make some golden, buttery biscuits of your own, today!
1 3/4c all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 stick butter, chopped
3/4c milk (1c if using buttermilk)
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt. (I used my Kitchenaid mixer)
2. Slowly add chopped butter, until coarse meal forms.
3. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly until dough forms.
4. Turn dough out onto floured surface, press flat to 1/2'' thick. Using the rim of a glass, punch out round shapes.
5. Bake on a lightly greased sheet for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top.
6. Serve warm with your favorite topping (butter, honey, jam, gravy...) yum!