Loaded BlackBeanBurgers w/ Avocado Ranch
& Baked Kale "Chips"
$20 makes 8 burgers!
1 can black beans
1/2c red onion, chopped
1/2c bell pepper (red/green/both) chopped
1/2c whole kernel corn
1/2c mushrooms, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1c cilantro, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pasilla pepper, seeded & chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped
1c pepper jack cheese, shredded
2 eggs, scrambled
1c bread crumbs
1 tbsp Cholula or hotsauce
1tsp chili powder, cumin
lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese to top with
1. In a large pot, moosh up blackbeans until they form a thick paste.
2. In a food processor: finely chop onion, bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, pasilla, jalapeno, mushrooms, cilantro. Add to beans.
3. Over med. heat, stir in corn, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, cholula, chili, cumin, salt, pepper. Mix well for 3-5 mins until cooked.
4. Form into patties. Grill 10-12 mins, until cooked through and crispy on both sides. Serve on a toasty bun with avocado ranch, lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese.
2 tbsp sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a food processor: blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve chilled.
1 bunch kale
salt, pepper, olive oil to toss
1. Heat oven to 350'.
2. Toss kale with olive oil, salt, pepper to lightly coat.
3. Bake for 15-20 mins until crispy and toasted around edges.
4. Spritz with lemon juice, serve immediately.