Depending on the latitude & longitude of your neck of the woods, fall may be in full swing or just fading in. Either way, this Thrifty Thursday meal is packed with delicious fall flavor that will fill your home with delectable scents and your tummies with autumnal joy! If you're looking for a healthy, hearty home cooked fall feast you're in the right place.
To start things off right, I recommend pouring yourself a glass of Shiraz-Cab (I'm loving this for around $6.99), setting out the cheese spread (optional) and pre-heat the lovin' in the oven.
we snacked on "Drunken Goat" cheese and crackers
(like gouda soaked in wine to give the rind it's color!)
Maple Glazed Salmon, Herb Mashed Potatoes, Lemon-Thyme sauteed apples
& fresh buttery biscuits
$16 for two
Maple Glazed Salmon:
2 5oz filet fresh salmon
2tbsp maple syrup
2tbsp olive oil
2tsp mesquite seasoning
1tsp lemon pepper
fresh ground saltfresh sage, rosemary, or thyme on top (optional)
1. Place salmon filets in small square baking pan.
2. Mix together the other ingredients and pour across salmon. Top with fresh herbs if you choose. Let marinate for about 30mins...as you prep everything else and pre-heat your oven...
3. Bake at 350, for about 15 mins, until flakes easily with a fork and cooked throughout.
Herb Mashed Potatoes:
1 package Idahoan instant taters (we had four cheese on hand... but whichever 'flavor' you'd like)
1tbsp fresh herbs, chopped... oregano, parsley, etc.
1. Don't read the ingredients on the potato package. ha!
2. "cook" according to "directions".
3. Mix in herbs and butter for some fool's "gourmet"
Lemon & Thyme sauteed apples:
2 honeycrisp apples, cored and chopped
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (or two "cubes" if you're using this trick!)
1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
a sprinkle of brown sugar
1. melt butter in a med. pan, toss in apples, mixing to coat well with butter...yum!
2. pour in lemon juice, thyme, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
3. Let simmer for about 10mins until apples are tender...
does that smell wonderful, or what!?
serve it all on big ol' plates with warm, fresh BISCUITS!
these are so easy you'll never seek the help of the doughboy again!