After a few weeks of evening thunderstorms, we were definitely eager to get outside to grill! We kind of threw this meal together with stuff we had in the kitchen and it was so delicious, I wanted to share. Have a six-pack of summer ale on hand, and enjoy this simple, grill-friendly feast on a warm summer night!
Stuffed Portabello Burgers
w/ Grilled Asparagus & Sweet Potato Fries!
2 hamburger buns
2 large portabello caps
1/2c bread crumbs
1/4c fresh herbs, chopped
1/4c parmesan cheese
salt, pepper, to taste
mayo, dijon mustard (i mix equal parts together for a yummy burger sauce...also yummy for dipping fries!)
8-10 stalks fresh asparagus
sweet potato fries (we love Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries!)
1. Pit portabello caps, set scooped-out middle aside for stuffing. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper to marinate for 30 mins.
2. Start the grill! Mix mushroom pit, bread crumbs, parmesan, chili powder, and herbs- stuff into mushroom caps. place on grill for 10-12 minutes, until hot all the way through.
3. Place asparagus on tin foil, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for about 10 mins, till soft in the middle.
4. Prepare fries. Lightly toast buns on the grill, then top burgers with spinach, red onion, swiss cheese, and dijon/mayo.
5. Serve hot with a cold beer on nearest porch, patio, picnic blanket, or lawn chair!